Welcome to The Restauranomicon. At Fantasoft we have many years of experience working with Restaurants and Takeaways. From running competitions and ad campaigns, helping compete with rival companies on Google and helping localise business online presence to working in kitchens chopping vegetables and washing up, on the floor as waiting staff and cooking alongside chefs. Fantasoft is a marketing company that gets stuck in on the front lines. Click the links that apply to your business needs.
Social Media is vitally important for any business these days. At Fantasoft, we recommend a strong focus on Facebook for Restaurants and little else, however other social media can also be nice to have. When controlling Social media it’s always best to have a quick solution so you can get all your posts scheduled and set up and you don’t have to worry about constantly logging on to all your platforms.
- Quick Social Media – Easily control your social media and save time and money!
- Why I don’t Recommend Instagram – Unlike 99% Of Internet Marketing Hacks. –
Set Up Guides for Your Social Media
- Quick Set Up Facebook – The Best platform for your restaurant!
- Quick Set Up LinkedIn – Useful for making local contacts and offering business lunch deals.
- Quick Set Up Twitter – Low results if any, but a staple of business.
- Quick Set Up Pinterest – Interesting source of Internet traffic (Helps Website!)
- Quick Set Up Instagram – Never worked for me, but it might work for you.
Whilst we have seen some success using Google Ads and targeting local restaurants, our main focus point of success has always been with Facebook Advertising. Here you can get the best value for your money, and you will get a good return on your investment, if you spend a decent amount of money.
- Why should you advertise on Facebook? – Facebook brings great results for restaurants.
- Facebook Ads for Restaurants and Takeaways – How to run cost effective Facebook Ads!
Copyright and Advertising
Copyright issues are something to be avoided. Often you will be hit with a DMCA take down or warned, which can result in your content being removed. We recommend avoiding issues with copyright by using your own content.
- Fair Use and Advertising – The most important read if you use someone else’s content.
- Using Copyrighted Materials in Adverts – Be very, very careful.
- Using Memes to Promote Your Business – Risky if there is a copyright issue!
- Legal issues using Music in Advertising – We see a LOT of businesses making these mistakes!
- Use of Gifs in Advertising – Too many people do this. It’s far too dangerous.
- About Food Bloggers – These people can help you – Just avoid the scammers!
Information to help your Website
If you’re starting out, your website probably won’t be getting that much traffic. Here are some guides to help you get started. We highly recommend starting a blog to reach your target audience and give you something to share on your social media.
- SEO – Or Search Engine Optimisation – The Process of ensuring your site appears in results.
- A Quick Guide to Blog Writing – Writing Content to help your site get found.
- An Example Blog – Chicken Tikka Masala – A Brief Introduction.
- Improve SEO by Writing Blogs! – Get found locally on Google and other search engines!
- Outsource your Blogs! – Save time by outsourcing!
- Information on Backlinks – The Foundations that make your site strong.
- SSL Certificates – Why you need one.
- Registering a Domain Name and SSL – Keep costs low and service high with Namecheap!
- Blog ideas for your restaurant or takeaway – Good content will allow you to beat your competition!
You need to protect customer information at all times. We generally recommend storing as little information on customers as possible and taking measures to protect it in order to ensure that if a breach does occur in your security, that it does not affect you catastrophically.
- GDPR a Quick Guide – For all customers in Europe, this is necessary knowledge.
Control How Others See You!
It’s always important for you to be in control of how others see you on the internet. Taking control of your Google My Business, TripAdvisor and Yelp will help you stand out, and give you the ability to fix problems, like complaints against your restaurant or take away.
- TripAdvisor – Vital to the success of many companies I have seen!
Improve Your Game
A few quick tips on how you can improve your game. From running a restaurant successfully, to handling angry customers and ensuring your waiting staff know how to do their jobs, you can transform your business. If you’re doing it all already, that’s great!
- Tips for Running a Successful Restaurant – If you are struggling, this might help…
- Tips for Handling Angry Customers! – Don’t let them get to you, it could cost you money…
- Free Drinks – Save time and money using free drinks.
- Training a Good Waiter – If your Waiters Spend more time on the phone than working…
- Avoid Complicated Systems – If your marketing team suggest them be wary…
- The Power of a Good Waiter – Make more money with smarter staff…
- 5 Essential Skills for a Good Waiter – Useful information for your floor staff.
- Be the Reason People Come to You! – Nothing beats a charismatic owner!
- The Up-Sell – A Quick Example
- 5 Ways To Help Restaurants and Takeaways – Share this on Social Media.
- Free Traffic to Facebook Pages – Useful advice for those who don’t want to advertise!
Trusting Internet Marketers
Avoid marketing emails like the plague. If you found this, then you found someone who can actually market for restaurants. Nonsense calls and emails from hacks will only cost you money and damage your business.
- Marketing Companies – Can they even do it?
- SEO Specialists – Appear from nowhere and none of them can do it.
I hate Just-Eat as a business because of the damage it does to other companies. I’ve seen it drive good people out of business which is really sad. If you have your own website, you will probably not need them as you can fulfill your needs with advertising without compromising your business.
Latest Restaurant Blog Post!
Location, Location, Location! Location can be incredibly important. If your restaurant is situated on a high street it is usually very easy to get people in, however if you own a small place in the middle of nowhere, getting customers in can be a nightmare. A lot of...
Alex has been helping me for 4 years with social networking. It seems to be the best way these days to develop a business but I was lacking in experience and time to make good use of all the options. His input has helped greatly and surpassed my expectations. Alex took the trouble to meet with me and really get to know what I do and what’s behind it. Has been very efficient and helpful with networking. And has also generated original ideas and a press release. A real firework who knows his stuff and is great to have on your side. Alex was very professional and was able to answer all my questions. showed in-depth knowledge of Facebook in terms of how to improve my online presence. I would definitely recommend Alex to others should they need social media marketing help.